RIDE . TRAVEL . DISCOVER .
To rent a van from us, you only need a B licence (car licence), all our vans being in the "car" category (PTAC less than 3.5T).
This licence must have been produced more than 3 years before the rental date and you must be over 23 years old.
You will also need a means of payment (cheque, cash or credit card) and a means of depositing the deposit
DEPOSIT FOR YOUR RENTAL
When you rent your vehicle from Run A Van, we will ask you for a deposit of €2,500.
This can be paid in 2 ways:
- with an uncashed check,
- by credit card, in the form of a bank authorization (uncashed and not blocking your next purchases). In this last case, you will have to make sure that you are able to pay up to 2 500 € with your credit card (often called "payment limit").
We do not take cash deposits and we avoid receiving a transfer of this amount.
We would also like to inform you that you have the possibility to combine our insurance with an extension of your personal car insurance on the vehicle you rent from us. This will allow you to benefit from the often lower excess of your personal insurance in case of responsible damage.
Rentals of less than 5 days
In order to allow novices to discover the pleasure of a road trip in a van, or to get away for a few days between two periods of intense work, Run A Van can offer you the rental of a van for short periods of 3, 4 and 5 days.
These short-term rentals are subject to 4 specific rules:
- The reservation of a van for a duration of less than 5 days / 4 nights can only be done by phone or directly at our agency during the opening hours (9am - 12pm from Monday to Friday).
- Reservation is only possible for a rental start date within the next 21 days.
- 3 days / 2 nights rentals include a fixed mileage of 90km/day (270km for 3 days). Additional km are charged at 0.45€/km. The killometrage becomes unlimited for rentals of minimum 4 days / 3 nights).
- We only allow one driver per vehicle for rentals of less than 5 days.
Pick up and return of vans
Vehicle departures are made exclusively at our Saint Leu agency (63 rue Général Lambert) during our office opening hours (9:00 am - 12:00 pm) and only by appointment.
Departures outside opening hours and on Saturday mornings may be possible in exceptional cases. Details and conditions in the agency or by phone.
We do not do departures on Sundays or public holidays.
Vans are returned blind, i.e. without an appointment and without the presence of Run A Van staff. The van must be returned before 6:00 p.m. on the last day of the rental period in the conditions specified at the time of departure. The return inspection of your vehicle and the closing of your contract (if there is nothing to report) is carried out within 72 hours of your return.
For short term rentals, we offer to store your personal vehicles on our site (without insurance).
How to get to our office
There are several options for joining Run A Van:
- bus : from Roland Garros airport, you can take the T line (departure every 2 hours from 5:15 am to 8:00 pm, get the timetable on clicking here) and get off at the stop " Mairie de Saint Leu " located 300m from our agency. Direct line, count on an average of 1 hour of travel, variable according to the hazards of traffic.
- Private shuttle: our partner will pick you up at the airport and take you directly to Run A Van. Benefiting from a preferential rate of 90€/journey for 4 people, it is the fastest way to reach our agency (a supplement may be charged for night journeys or oversized luggage).
When you travel in a van, you benefit from a vehicle that is more compact than a motor home, ergonomic and whose modularity offers you a lot of equipment in a reduced volume.
These features limit the amount of storage space in the vehicle and if you want to retain all its functionality, you will need to maximise the amount of stuff you have, and choose soft travel bags.
In any case, avoid rigid suitcases which, once empty, will take up the same space as when filled and cannot be easily stored in the vehicle.
However, if you have no choice, we can always store your empty suitcase on our premises.
Our options and packages
Our options :
Our Packs :
Whatever your activities during your stay, we recommend the following essential equipment:
- sun cream
- a pair of sunglasses
- a pair of "flip-flops", "sandals", "flip-flops", or other "finger slippers"... it's your choice!
- a swimming costume, a beach towel
- a hat or cap
- walking/hiking shoes
- if you plan to hike in the highlands or if you come in winter, bring a fleece and a windbreaker
- in summer, bring a jacket against rain
But don't worry, if you have forgotten or need some equipment once you arrive in Reunion Island, there are many sports stores on the island, with very complete ranges of products to practice all activities.
Sleeping on the island
Reunion Island benefits from a multitude of picnic areas and splendid viewpoints all over its territory, so many spots to enjoy a night in the middle of nature. We have co-edited a guidebook which lists 124 picnic areas all over the island, supplied with the van, and which will be your roadbook for the rental. It will give you ideas where to put the van for the night and will help you find water, kiosks, BBQs etc. All this is free of charge!
As the number of vans and motorhomes is still limited on the island, they are not currently subject to any specific legislation. This means that you are allowed to park a vehicle almost anywhere on the island. However, we ask you to respect the rules of propriety so that freedom continues to exist on Reunion Island:
- Respect of the environment. Do not leave any trace of your passage on a site.
- Respect of the rules in the sites of the ONF and the Parc National des Hauts.
- Respect for road traffic and private property.
Finding water points
It is very easy to find water all around the island and in the Hauts.
Of the many picnic areas and campsites listed in the guide, which we provide free of charge in our vans (124 areas listed), most offer free access to drinking water.
In addition to these areas, you can also find water at petrol stations, first aid stations (coastline), cemeteries and stadiums.
Apart from the Ermitage-Lagon campsite in the west of the island, please note that no campsite allows access to the vehicle, and therefore to the van.
But that's the advantage of the van: it gives you all the autonomy you need, no matter where you are!
Run A Van's commitment to the environment
This is obvious to all, but for the sceptics, remember that the earth is unique and that our island is an illustration of its beauty.
Run A Van is therefore committed to limiting its environmental impact with its resources:
Our vehicles: to our great despair, the electric combi is not for tomorrow in Reunion Island!
But renewing your vehicles every 5 years to generate waste, to waste new resources.... No! We have chosen to work mainly with proven, reliable and robust vehicles, which benefit from all the necessary attention to ensure a longevity that would make newer vehicles jealous!
Aware that this will only be a drop in the ocean, we make our own washing powder for the bed linen, we use a maximum of ecological products for the maintenance of our vehicles, we collect rainwater to water our green spaces and maintain them mechanically!
Maintenance / Cleaning
Our teams make every effort to provide you with clean and functional vans, inside and out. Our vehicles are prepared with a full tank of water and diesel.
For the restitution of your vehicle, we will ask you to return them in the same state of cleanliness, that is to say a passage with the rollers for the outside, a clean crockery, the gas stove and the refrigerator, as well as the passage of the vacuum cleaner.